Análise de Emissões
Such emissions are one of the main environmental aspects by manufacturing companies. Relevant authorizations regulate the monitoring of the several points of emission of a company, be it a small plant or a large industrial complex.
Emissions from production plants, incineration plants and large combustion plants
Every company producing emissions into the atmosphere must be previously authorized and must comply with compulsory limits (in Single Environmental Authorization, Integrated Environmental Authorization and general authorizations). The team of Mérieux NutriSciences is composed of specialists who operate on multifold scenarios: the analysis of emissions of medium and small companies subject to self-control (such as paper mills, foundries, painting plants, cement factories, etc.), and emissions of large industrial plants, such as incineration/co-incineration plants, large combustion plants (≥ 50 MW), steel plants, refineries and petrochemical industries.
Verifications of the Automatic Measuring System
Waste incineration plants, co-incineration plants or industries that exploit waste combustion to produce energy (waste-to-energy facility), large combustion plants, petrochemical and chemical industries own emission-monitoring systems called AMSs (Automatic Measuring Systems). The Plant Management must provide the competent authorities with continuous emissions data of parameters such as dust, CO, CO2, SO2, NOx, O2, COT, HCl, HF, CH4, NH3, humidity, etc.
The quality of the data provided by the Automatic Measuring Systems must be guaranteed by carrying out checks and inspections:
- Relative Accuracy Index (RAI), which compares the measurements detected by the system and the measurements detected at the same point or in the same sampling area by another measurement system taken as a reference;
- Linearity of the response over the whole measurement range;
- Calibration of indirect measurement systems, namely determining the correlation curve between the response of testing equipment and the values provided by a second manual or automatic system.
Our labs also deal with these verifications and the measurement of emissions from fixed sources at large industrial plants and the proper functioning of the system through the AMS verification group, too. The assessment takes into account the specificity of the site, by setting up an appropriate measurement plan.
In addition, we can also provide additional services such as:
- Representativeness of the sampling point and flow homogeneity (ref.: UNI EN 15259);
- Verification of the correctness of the position of the AMS probe (ref.: UNI EN 15259);
- Pre-investigation on the type of AMS and positioning of the probe for the flow measurement (Ref. UNI EN ISO 16911-2);
- Verification of the correctness of signals acquisition.
Mérieux NutriSciences: a global service for asbestos and mineral fibers testing
The Mérieux NutriSciences team dealing with the analysis of emissions into the atmosphere enjoys thirty years of experience and is composed of highly specialized technicians. It enjoys latest generation material and sampling lines that are constantly updated and comply with the requirements of the individual technical specifications and the UNI EN ISO IEC 17025 standard. From the point of view of sampling and emission analysis techniques, Mérieux NutriSciences covers a wide variety of characterizations and situations such as monitoring macro-pollutants with equipped vehicles, more complex sampling of organic micro-pollutants (dioxins, furans and PCBs), verification of Automatic Measuring System (AMS) and management of QAL2 and AST protocols in compliance with the EN 14181 standard.