Every new client who wishes to make use of Mérieux NutriSciences's services is required to complete a Customer Take-on Form and also open an account before any work can commence. Mérieux NutriSciences offers its clients the option of opening either a Prepaid (Cash) Account or a Credit Account (see below). Simply download and complete the applicable form to apply for the facility which best suits your needs.
CLICK HERE to download the Customer Take-On Form
Customers wishing to do business on a cash basis may opt to open a Prepaid Account. A Prepaid Account may be your account of choice should you wish to make use of Mérieux NutriSciences’s services on a once-off basis, if you prefer not to be subjected to a credit check, or if you cannot provide current trade references.
To apply for a Prepaid Account, complete page 1 of the Customer Take-on Form only, sign and scan/fax to us. A Prepaid Account will immediately be opened for you, as there are no trade checks. Please note that work cannot commence/no laboratory samples can be accepted from clients who do not have active accounts with Mérieux NutriSciences (new clients must therefore ensure that their Customer Take-on Forms reach us before a particular service is needed).
Once you have successfully opened the Prepaid Account, and you are ready to start using Mérieux NutriSciences's services, follow these simple steps in order to avoid any delays:
- Contact Mérieux NutriSciences’s Sales & Customer Care Department in Cape Town (021 683 8436) or Midrand (011 805 4310) to discuss your exact needs and obtain a quotation.
- Once you know exactly which tests or services you require and have discussed the applicable costs, a pro forma invoice will be faxed or e-mailed to you. (a tax invoice will follow once the service/analysis has been completed.)
- On receipt of the pro forma, payment must be made by means of EFT or cash.
- Mérieux NutriSciences must receive proof of payment before the service or testing of products commences.
- In the case of laboratory samples, proof of payment or cash payment may accompany samples. The laboratories may not accept samples without proof of payment.
- Similarly, no training course enrolments can be accepted, or bookings made for any of our hygiene or training services (including dates reserved for in-house training) before proof of payment has been received.
Customers who foresee using Mérieux NutriSciences's services regularly, or who do not want the inconvenience associated with having to prepay for services each time, may opt to open a Credit Account.
Pages 1 and 2 of the Customer Take-On Form must be completed, signed and scanned/faxed to us. All the mandatory fields such as directors’ details and trade references must be completed in full. Once we receive the correctly completed forms, the necessary reference checks will be done.
Should your credit application be successful, you will be informed by fax or e-mail that your credit facility with Mérieux NutriSciences has been activated. You may then make use of any of Mérieux NutriSciences’s services.
Should your company require the use of official purchase order numbers, such purchase orders must reach us before any work commences.
Once the analysis/service has been completed, an invoice will follow. In addition, a statement will also be mailed to you at the end of the month.
Payment is due strictly 30 days after statement date.
All work carried out by Mérieux NutriSciences is subject to our Standard Terms and Conditions. Please take the time to read through these terms in order to familiarise yourself with their content.
Interest levied on overdue accounts
Our terms of payment are strictly 30 days from statement date. Mérieux NutriSciences charges interest on overdue amounts after 60 days. As we only levy interest on an account from 60 days onwards, our customers receive an additional 30 interest-free days in which to settle their accounts.
Why interest is charged
Mérieux NutriSciences offers its customers the option of deferring payment for 30 days (instead of paying cash on delivery), in the form of a Credit Account (Trade Credit). This deferred payment option is in fact a “loan” of sorts to your company, whilst we carry the costs of providing you with our services. When these services are not settled timeously, as with any other “loan” it starts to draw interest charges on overdue amounts. This means that, 60 days after statement date, a penalty (in the form of interest) is immediately levied on all overdue amounts.
Terms and Conditions pertain to any current or future work submitted to Mérieux NutriSciences.