Consumer Goods Testing Services
Mérieux NutriSciences offers consumer goods testing on electronics and electrical appliances, textiles, medical gloves, packaging, and more.
Consumer Goods services are not provided from our South African laboratories, however, our international Mérieux NutriSciences network supports us to meet your requirements.
Mérieux NutriSciences helps you ensure that thousands of consumer goods on the market today can be purchased with confidence. We offer a comprehensive range of tests and analyses to guarantee your customers’ safety and products’ quality.
Chemicals used as ingredients in household products must be controlled not only to protect human health but also to avoid any potential harmful effects on the environment.
Mérieux NutriSciences provides a range of services to ensure the quality and compliance of all kinds of consumer goods, from clothing to cleaning products. Our experts can evaluate the following product categories:
- Antibacterial disinfectants
- Cleaning products
- Packaging and food contact material
- Small appliances
- Medical and nitrile gloves
- Electronics & electrical appliances
Our consumer products testing services
Our consumer goods testing services include, but are not limited to:
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR and Micro-FTIR)
- Failure analysis investigations
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) & Scanning Electron Microscope – Energy Disperse X-ray (SEM-EDX)
- Thickness Testing
- Corrosion Testing
- Humidity Testing
- Detection of allergens, colorants, formaldehyde, heavy metals and other harmful residues
- Microbiological contaminations
- Interaction between product and packaging
- Stability studies
- Volatile organic compounds (VOC) emissions
- REACH and RoHS (Restricting the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances) compliance tests
- Tailor-made projects to evaluate compliance with the current legislation
Contact us to learn more about our services!