This course provides an understanding of evaluation-related procedures, protocols and interpreting technical requirements.
It will benefit those who specify, establish, develop or evaluate operations and systems that meet BRC (and related standards) requirements.
This course focuses on the evaluation procedures and requirements detailed in the Global Standard – Food Safety. At the conclusion of the course, participants will be familiar with:
- Background to the development of third-party inspection services, BRC Global Standard and its benefits
- How to gain certification
- The structure of the BRC Global Standard – Food
- Case studies
- Common findings.
- Background to the Global Standard
- Steps to follow for certification
- BRC clause requirements, including:
- Fundamental requirements
- Critical, major and minor nonconformances
- Senior management commitment and continual improvement
- Food safety plan: HACCP
- Food safety and quality management system
- Site standards
- Product control
- Process control
- Benefits of the BRC system
- Practical application: exercises and case studies.
- Staff selected to implement and maintain the BRC system
- Food safety team members
- Support staff
Participants should have attended formal HACCP training.
To ensure that this course is valuable to your company, delegates must be comfortable communicating in English and need suitable reading and writing skills.
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
FoodBev SETA Registered Skills Programme: 09SP000416030395/0
Unit standards: 123374; 123357; 119789
NQF level: 5
- Duration: Two days
- Language: Presented in English