Mérieux NutriSciences offers a range of expert food assessments. Our due diligence acquisition services focus on the insights you will need to make the best food safety and quality decisions prior to closing day.
We can help you to proactively identify risks in your processes by evaluating your raw materials and finished products, laboratory systems and manufacturing environment for potential hazards. By identifying these red flags up front, you can avoid the cost of corrective actions and root causes later.
A Risk Assessment is an independent evaluation of how well your plant’s pre-requisite programs are working. These include your Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan, food safety and quality programs such as Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs), sanitation, training and environmental monitoring.
All of these systems should work together to ensure you produce safe food products, meet applicable government regulations, and deliver on customer expectations. The objective of our assessment is to identify any existing opportunities for risk and make recommendations for improving in-plant conditions and programs.
Food Safety System Pre-Assessment
HACCP programs are the basis for all food safety systems. Our experts can evaluate your food safety system and work with you to take it to the next level.
Mérieux NutriSciences consultants will take a look at your current system and compare it against the aspired standard to ensure audit readiness. Following a detailed gap analysis including HACCP review, our experienced consultants will benchmark your plant food safety programs against industry standards such as SQF, BRC, or any other customer-specific standard.
One unfortunate miscalculation or unexpected mistake can undermine the credibility of your data and safety of your products.
Through a detailed gap analysis, we can benchmark your laboratory quality system against recognized Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs). From media sterility to data management, we evaluate every facet of your internal systems for deficiencies that can negatively impact the production of reliable, accurate data.
Well-trained and knowledgeable lab technicians are your most valuable asset. We can conduct a number of cost-effective education programs.
Due Diligence is designed to allow a company to independently evaluate how well its plant’s prerequisite food safety programs (GMP’s, sanitation, training, environmental monitoring, etc.) and HACCP plans are working to produce safe food, meet applicable government regulations and satisfy client demands.
At Mérieux NutriSciences, during the Due Diligence process, the facility conditions and employee implementation of any food safety and quality programs are evaluated to ensure the customer is capable of producing a safe product. The objective is to identify any existing issues and to make recommendations for improving programs and conditions at the plant.
A Due Diligence Risk Assessment includes:
Facility(s) review for the inclusion of appropriate food safety technologies and adherence to food safety principles in facility design
- A technical expert will conduct a walk-through to evaluate the plant’s physical layout and equipment for compliance with food safety principles
External security and integrity check of the facility and grounds
- A technical expert will evaluate the facility, addressing the security of the premises and food defense principles
Review compliance with applicable regulations (e.g. FSIS salmonella/e.coli testing, HACCP; FDA)
- A technical expert will review how well the programs in place at the plant comply with food safety regulations
Implementation of safe employee practices
- A technical expert will observe how well the programs are followed by plant personnel and how those practices affect the safety of the food produce
Training records review
- A technical expert will review all onsite records and interview employees to assess the effectiveness of training at the facility
HACCP Documentation: Hazard Analysis, HACCP Plan, HACCP Deviations, HACCP Verification/Validation
- A technical expert will review the company’s HACCP program for completion; this review will include the plan itself, records and any reviews from FSIS
- A technical expert will review the customer’s written sanitation program
Environmental and product testing program review
- A technical expert will review the environmental and testing program, including how well it is being followed by plant personnel
Review of noncompliance reports (FSIS)
Sanitation practice evaluation
- A technical expert will evaluate how well the sanitation procedures are implemented and followed
- A technical expert will evaluate if the pre-operational inspection of the facility and equipment is effective
Pest control program evaluation
- A technical expert will evaluate the pest control program; some of the areas that will be reviewed are the training of personnel/provider, appropriate licenses, location/number of traps/bait stations, etc.
Review of recent food safety/quality audits
- A technical expert will evaluate the results of any internal and third-party audits, and also, how well the plant has addressed any issues found during these audits
Once the assessment has been completed, a report with recommendations will be generated to address the issues found by the consultant.