Mérieux NutriSciences uses predictive microbiology to gather all theoretical approaches aiming to predict the growth profile of a microorganism in the conditions chosen by the operator.
This approach associates a growth profile with each combination of intrinsic (i.e., pH, water activity, preservatives) or extrinsic (i.e., humidity, light, temperature) parameters.
Our predictive microbiology services can help you:
- Create a new product or change the formulation of an existing one
- Evaluate product spoilage or pathogenic risks
- Limit costs and time of experimental studies with better targeted analyses
- Determine optimum microbiological safety intervals and critical points to integrate in the HACCP process
Challenge studies performed in the laboratory can help ensure the microbiological quality and safety of your products. This experimental technique consists in inoculating a known concentration of a microorganism into a product and following its development through use of a specific protocol, such as the standard protocol published by the NACMCF.
Our challenge tests present the following benefits:
- Evidence of spoilage organism containment by intrinsic product factors
- Classification of products according to the pathogen growth risk
- Evaluation of risks and determination of critical points within the HACCP approach
- Determination of criteria for acceptable levels of pathogenic indicator organisms