Mérieux NutriSciences’ Contract Research and Innovation Centers in Europe and North America offer a complete range of innovative measurement sciences services, method development and method validation services to the food and dietary supplement industries.
We tailor our solutions to your specifications, helping you develop innovative processes to identify and detect contaminants, pathogens, adulterations, product authenticity, fraud and more.
Additionally, diagnostic kit manufacturers from all over the world trust our highly experienced, skilled staff to provide insight and understanding of chemistry and microbiology methods for the food industry, especially AOAC-ISO recognized protocols.
In microbiology, we have an impressive track record of method validation studies for both pathogens and indicator organisms.Our expertise in chemistry extends to mass spectrometry and chromatography techniques, with state-of-the-art laboratory equipment including:
- UHPLC/MS/MS (Triple Quad)
- GC/MS/MS (Triple Quad)
- HPLC/MS/MS (Ion Trap)
- UHPLC/ESI/Exactive (OrbiTrap Technologies)
- HPLC Prep./UV/MS (Single Quad)
- GC/MS (Single Quad)
In microbiology, our expertise encompasses ELISA , PCR and biomolecular methods in general.
Method Development and Method Validation
We help you respond to the continual need in the global food supply chain for accurate tests targeting new molecules or matrices. New methodologies can be developed quickly, according to predetermined protocols such as LoD, LoQ, range or scope.
We can help you validate new methods for product and process control, shelf-life, stability programs and more. We offer both qualitative and quantitative method validations in order to:
- Assist kit manufacturers with new proprietary testing method development
- Compare validation parameters of existing methods
- Ensure the quality, reliability and consistency of analytical results
- Expand the application of a method to a new matrix
- Verify the ability of a larger sample size for pathogen detection methods to improve the method sensitivity
The following additional tasks are performed for our customers on a daily basis:
- Absorption/Release studies
- Characterization of polymer mixtures from food contact material
- Using best-in-class high resolution technologies coupled with mass spectrometry, we perform qualitative characterization of polymers and detection of substances in food matrices.
- Determination of unknown / impurities / degradation products / metabolites
- Identification of unknown impurities/degradation in products/metabolites and validation of results with certified reference materials.
- Purification / Isolation / Preparation of pure standards
- Scale-up of some chromatographic methods (from analytical to semi-prep.) in order to fractionate/purify/isolate pure molecules
Spiked Sample Sets
Proficiency testing determines the performance of individual labs on specific tests or measurements. Also known as inter-laboratory comparisons, proficiency tests compare the results obtained by different laboratories and are used to monitor the continuing performance of lab facilities.
Mérieux NutriSciences is an industry pioneer in proficiency testing programs. We offer customized programs to assess the technical proficiency of your laboratories and benchmark your competence against other testing entities.
As part of our services, we prepare homogeneous mixtures of designated food matrices and then ship these samples to your laboratory. We then assess your results and provide you with a comprehensive statistical analysis of your laboratory’s performance.
Proficiency programs can offer a number of benefits by providing you with:
- Increased confidence in your laboratory’s testing procedures
- Identification of potential problems
- Analytical variation data
- Documented data for regulators, accreditation bodies and your customers
Our proficiency programs can provide you with objective information to make needed improvements in your laboratory, along with critical information about the level of variation in your production process. In programs such as Six Sigma quality schemes, understanding and reducing process variation requires knowledge of the variation inherent in the analytical measurement phase.. Reducing analytical variation can be an important way of reducing the cost of your product.
Contact us to find out how our Contract Research services can support your food quality and safety programs.