The Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR, Regulation (EU) 528/2012) introduced new rules on the placing on the market of active substances and biocidal products (BP): biocides and biocidal products families require specific authorizations, and all active substances contained in the product must be previously approved.
The Regulation establishes:
- that ECHA is the competent authority;
- 23 product-types, organized in 4 main groups;
- that a biocidal product containing or generating a biocidal substance, cannot be made available on the EU market starting from 1 September 2015, if the substance supplier or product supplier is not included in the Article 95 List for the specific product type and supplier.
The new Regulation focuses on biocidal products evaluation on the basis of recent scientific and technological knowledge. Information requirements to be provided for the authorization include physico-chemical and technical properties, stability, effectiveness, toxicological and eco-toxicological properties.
Mérieux NutriSciences meets manufacturers and importers’ needs on the BPR with suitable analytical strategies:
- Effectiveness against target organisms
- Physico-Chemical Tests
- Toxicological & Eco-toxicological studies
- Consultancy and regulatory support
Our most common tests and services
All our Tests and Services
Mérieux NutriSciences can provide support in the development and validation of methods suitable for the quantitative determination and identification of active ingredients and toxicologically relevant or other impurities, in both agrochemicals and biocides.
Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006, concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) and establishing a European Chemicals Agency, is intended to ensure a high level of protection for human health and the environment.
Mérieux NutriSciences offers a comprehensive range of testing services to assess the environmental risk of agrochemicals and biocidal products, as well as the expertise to help you with global regulations.
Mérieux NutriSciences works with qualified partners to support our clients in the registration of biocidal products in compliance with Regulation (EU) No. 528/2012 and chemicals in compliance with Regulation (EC) No.1907/2006 (REACH).