Animal feed must meet many and strict requirements. For example, manufacturers must ensure both animal health and human health - when consuming animal products. Strict rules also apply to pet food. The Laboratory Animal Feed of Mérieux NutriSciences in Ede has the knowledge, expertise and facilities to carry out the necessary quality controls.
The research of animal feed is a specialism of the Mérieux NutriSciences laboratory in Ede. Our laboratory Animal Feed has an accreditation for the analysis of the composition of animal feed according to the Weende package. We can research various ingredients in the feed, such as trace elements, salts, acid and sugars. Mérieux NutriSciences also has a GMP+ laboratory accreditation.
Mérieux NutriSciences Laboratory Animal Feed also has an accreditation for the most common microbiological tests in animal feed and pet food. We have rapid Salmonella tests available and carry out characterization of Salmonella strains in our own lab.
Food manufacturers who want to research whether their residual flows are suitable for animal feed can also go to Mérieux NutriSciences.
Undesirable mixing, contamination and GMO-free
Compound feed manufacturers must be able to demonstrate that they prevent undesirable mixing of ingredients. This is done via carry-over research. You can also enable Mérieux NutriSciences for this.
Producers of compound feeds and wet fodder products can go to Mérieux NutriSciences for research on mycotoxins, heavy metals, PCBs, animal meal and pathogenic micro-organisms. For some analyzes, Mérieux NutriSciences works together with specialized laboratories.
Do you want to know whether a constituent for your animal feed is free of genetically modified organisms (GMOs)? For advice, auditing and control you can contact Mérieux NutriSciences.
You might be also interested in:
- Crude Fiber
- Dietary fibers
- Non nitrogenous extracts
- Total, Soluble, & Insoluble Dietary Fiber
- Fatty Acid Profiles
- Proteins & Amino Acids
- Vitamins including A, C, & E
- Vitamin B group, K PP
- L-ascorbyl-2-monophosphate (Stay-C)
Alluminio, Antimonio, Arsenic, Barium, Bismuth, Boron, Cadium, Calcium, Chormium, Cobalt, Copper, Beryllium, Iron, Iodium, Lead, Lithium, Magnesium, Manganese, Mercury, Molybdenum, Nickel, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Silver, Sodium, Strontium, Thallium, Thorium, Tin, Titanium, Uranium, Vanadium, Zinc, Ziroconium
- Heavy Metals
- Melamine & Cyanuric Acid
- BHA / BHT
- Biogen ammines
- Free Fatty Acids
- Peroxide Value
- Kreiss assay
- Para anisidine
- Iodine Value
- Nitrogen Solubility Index (NSI)
- Protein Dispersibility Index (PDI)
- Thiobarbituric Acid (TBA)
- Potassium Sorbate / Sorbic Acid
- Starch Gelatinization / Cooked Starch
- Water-Soluble Phosphate
- Pathogens: Salmonella, E. coli O157:H7, Clostridium perfringens, Bacillus Cereus, Campylobacter SPP, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, Listeria Monocytogenes, Yersinia-Enterocolitica
- Indicators: Aerobic Plate Count, Total Anaerobic Count, Sulphite-Reducing Anaerobes, Enterobacteriaceae, Yeast & Mold (2-Day), HTEB
- GMO analyses
- Species investigation by Array and qRTPCR
- Shelf Life: Accelerated Studies, Fat Rancidity, Nutrient Degradation
- Challenge Studies
FDA Detention Program
- Public Courses
- Custom Onsite Courses
- Online Workplace Training Courses – SISTEMTM Express
- Digital Downloads and DVDs
- Food Safety System Pre-Assessment
- Program Development
- Microbial Risk Assessment