Small appliances are composed of different materials and have a dynamic contact with foods: this can lead to critical issues for consumer’s health. The team of Mérieux NutriSciences is able to assess and deal with such events through
- the assessment of conformity with European and international legislations of individual components through specific and global migration tests. Thanks to targeted studies, the interaction between materials and food and the presence of NIAS (Non-Intentionally Added Substances, namely the impurities resulting from the manufacturing processes) are evaluated;
- the study on food safety under usage conditions. Moreover, product analyses are performed to check their compliance with REACH and Rohs Directives.
Our most common tests and services
All our Tests and Services
Comprehensive range of analyses to help you to guarantee the safety of your products:
- Detection of allergenic colorants, formaldehyde, heavy metals and other allergenic or harmful residual substances
- Food contact materials
- Microbiological contamination
- Interaction between products and packaging
- REACH and RoHS
- Tailor-made projects
Performance evaluation tests for a wide range of products, including plastics, detergents, absorbing aids, accelerated aging, and exposure to light and weathering.
A quality assurance system is intended to increase customer confidence and a company's credibility, to improve work processes and efficiency, and to enable a company to better compete with its rivals.
Aging conditions and performance changes for an extensive range of goods.
Research and development tests to evaluate the performance, safety and durability of the products.
- Biodegradability and compostability
- EU Ecolabel on detergents
- Specific technical advice on a range of topics
- Development of a testing plan
- Evaluation of the substantiation of claims and compliance of labeling
- Food Contact Material
- Cosmetics Packaging
- Drug Containers & Packaging
Biodegradability and Compostability testing, Technological Suitability Tests and Study of Materials