The Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR, Regulation (EU) 528/2012) introduced new rules on the placing on the market of active substances and biocidal products (BP): biocides and biocidal products families require specific authorizations, and all active substances contained in the product must be previously approved.
The Regulation establishes:
- that ECHA is the competent authority;
- 23 product-types, organized in 4 main groups;
- that a biocidal product containing or generating a biocidal substance, cannot be made available on the EU market starting from 1 September 2015, if the substance supplier or product supplier is not included in the Article 95 List for the specific product type and supplier.
The new Regulation focuses on biocidal products evaluation on the basis of recent scientific and technological knowledge. Information requirements to be provided for the authorization include physico-chemical and technical properties, stability, effectiveness, toxicological and eco-toxicological properties.
Mérieux NutriSciences meets manufacturers and importers’ needs on the BPR with suitable analytical strategies:
- Effectiveness against target organisms
- Physico-Chemical Tests
- Toxicological & Eco-toxicological studies
- Consultancy and regulatory support
Our most common tests and services
All our Tests and Services
Mérieux NutriSciences offers a comprehensive range of highly complex analyses for the registration and quality control of agrochemicals and biocidal products like:
- Physicochemical and technical properties
- Determination of active substances and impurities
- Stability studies
Mérieux NutriSciences can provide support in the development and validation of methods suitable for the quantitative determination and identification of active ingredients and toxicologically relevant or other impurities, in both agrochemicals and biocides.
- Five-batch analysis
- Preliminary screening analysis
Mérieux NutriSciences can provide support for the full characterization of well-defined and UVCB substances, as well as compliance with the requirements of Annex VI of the REACH regulation.
Tests suitable for evaluating the physical and chemical properties of technical products, active substances and formulated products.
Toxicological tests to assess the potential health hazards of agrochemicals, biocidal products and other chemicals.
Predict the genotoxic potential of a substance, to identify genotoxic carcinogens at an early stage and to understand the mechanism by which some carcinogens and reproductive or developmental toxicants induce germ-line mutations that can lead to inherited disorders. Our experts conduct mutagenic tests according to good laboratory practices (GLP) and all worldwide quality and safety standards.
- Bacterial reverse mutation test
- In vitro mammalian cell micronucleus test
- In vivo mammalian erythrocyte micronucleus test
- In vitro mammalian cell gene mutation test - Mouse lymphoma assay
Testing services to assess the environmental risk of agrochemicals and biocidal products, as well as the expertise to help you with global regulations.
- Aquatic toxicity
- Effects on terrestrial organisms
Environmental fate and behavior tests
Studies to assess the efficacy of biocidal products.
Support in the registration of biocidal products in compliance with Regulation (EU) No. 528/2012 and chemicals in compliance with Regulation (EC) No.1907/2006 (REACH).