FDA Detention Services
FDA Detention can be an unexpected and confusing roadblock to overcome when importing products from an international supplier.
When the FDA notifies you that your shipment has been detained, you should turn to an experienced, independent, third-party laboratory that can take immediate action on your behalf.
Mérieux NutriSciences has an exclusive team dedicated to the FDA Detention process and getting your product released to the market. As a result, our team has built an established relationship with compliance officers and FDA review labs nationwide. Our FDA Detention team has successfully submitted thousands of packets to the FDA with zero packet rejections. Our network of professional samplers is available across the United States and Puerto Rico to give you help on a global scale.
Mérieux NutriSciences’ FDA Detention Services
Once you have alerted our experts that you have a product in detention, we will guide you through each step, handling everything from sampling and testing to package submittal. For instance:
- Sampling of Product following FDA protocols
- Microbiological, chemical, sensory, and/or filth testing
- One-on-one testing results review
- Preparation and submission of final packet to FDA
- Post submission communication with FDA, as required
- Rice and grains
- Pastas and noodle products
- Beverages (coffee, tea, juice)
- Pet foods and treats
- Baked goods