Consumer & Industrial Product Testing
Consumer and industrial product testing is physical testing on consumer or industrial products that are needed by most manufacturers in order to meet regulatory requirements, industry, or quality standards, whether for an assembled product, a component, raw materials, or finished goods.
Mérieux NutriSciences Malaysia offers a wide range of physical testing for consumer and industrial product testing services such as Electronics and Electrical appliances, Medical or Nitrile Gloves, and Food Packaging materials.
Quality is not negotiable when it comes to meeting the demands of suppliers and customers. Defects in raw ingredients and finished products can lead to wasted goods, affect supplier relationships, and alienate customers. Mérieux NutriSciences works with the world’s leading foodservice chains and retailers to measure aspects of quality. Our consumer and industrial product testing services include, but are not limited to:
Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR and Micro-FTIR)
An analytical technique is used to identify the organic or polymeric substances by detecting the functional group of the compounds.
- Identify and characterize unknown materials
- Identify contamination on or in a material
- Identify additives after extraction from a polymer matrix
- Identify oxidation, decomposition, or uncured monomers in
- Failure analysis investigations
Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Identify the structure of a surface material
Scanning Electron Microscope – Energy Disperse X-ray (SEM-EDX)
- To identify the elemental composition present in a material or product
- To measure the thickness of a material or product
- To determine the corrosion resistance of a material or product
- To identify the effectiveness of a surface coating on the material or product
- To determine the resistance and effect of components and devices against environmental extremes
Contact us to find an accredited testing laboratory that can support your Consumer & Industrial Product testing Services.