What is FSSC 22000?
The FSSC 22000 food safety management system provides a framework to effectively manage your food safety and quality responsibilities. FSSC 22000 is fully recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and is based on existing ISO standards. It shows that a company has a robust and effective food safety management system (FSMS) in place to meet the requirements of regulators, food, commercial customers and consumers.
Why FSSC 22000?
FSSC 22000 is designed to help organizations establish and continually improve management systems and good manufacturing practices. FSSC 22000 is the world's leading food safety management system certification system because:
- fully incorporates existing ISO standards, industry-specific technical specifications for PRP, HACCP, regulatory requirements and Codex HACCP principles.
- it is fully recognized by the Global Food Security Initiative.
- it allows the integration of food safety and food quality management with other management systems, such as environmental management, sustainability and health and safety.
- it is governed by a non-profit Foundation and administered by an independent Board of Stakeholders.
- increases transparency throughout the food supply chain.
- allows small and / or less developed organizations to implement a solid FSMS that is accepted worldwide.
Who can apply?
FSSC 22000 is applicable to all food products and ingredients and packaging materials manufacturers, regardless of the size, sector, and geographical location of the organization.
If you are interested in applying to the FSSC 22000 certification scheme,