Packaging daily plays several roles: this should be taken into account already in the design phase because it must ensure quality and safety and a reduced environmental impact. These requirements apply in food contact, cosmetic or pharmaceutical contexts and must necessarily be tested and supported by experimental evidence.
Mérieux NutriSciences assists customers in selecting and applying the correct analytical solution to raw materials, intermediates for production and finished products to ensure that they respect the desired result and national and international regulatory standards.
The Mérieux NutriSciences team enjoys skilled and updated Food Contact Experts registered at the AIBO-FCE (Italian Association of Business Operator Food Contact Expert) able to provide support to customers through :
- Technical and legislative assistance for compliance with Community and national rules,
- Evaluation of supporting documentation (e.g., conformity declaration for food contact, labeling, etc.) and drafting of appropriate analytical protocols,
- Assessment of compliance with positive lists of substances used in the production of specifically regulated materials (e.g., plastics, paper, rubber, etc.),
- Cutting edge technologies: new extraction methods and high-resolution mass spectrometry, characterization of Not Intentionally Added Compounds (NIAS).
In the pharma-cosmetics field, Mérieux NutriSciences contributed to the drafting of the first Italian guidelines on the cosmetic packaging published by the Istituto Italiano Imballaggio (Italian Packaging Institute) and has a specialized team: it is thus able to evaluate the different aspects of packaging interactions.
Our most common tests & services
All our Tests and Services
- Food Contact Material
- Cosmetics Packaging
- Drug Containers & Packaging
Biodegradability and Compostability testing, Technological Suitability Tests and Study of Materials