Consumer’s satisfaction and the “Wow effect”
One of the fundamental ingredients to make a product successful is customer’s satisfaction; however, how can their needs be anticipated? Sensory analysis and market research are a sound support in this field.
Sensory research helps companies to create a link between consumer’s opinion and the operational indications needed for R&D to act on the product and improve its performance.
Consumer research: besides the intrinsic efficacy, knowing consumer’s perception and what is the value attributed to product’s features is important.
- Monitoring product performance in its market
- Identify product strengths and weaknesses
- Monitor your competitors
- Compare new products or changes in formulations with existing market products
- Highlight peculiar differences with competitors
- Check if the claim can be easily understood by consumers
- Verify if product performance as directly reported by consumers support claims
- Know what consumers want, what they like or dislike by combining Sensory product profiles and Consumer preference data
- Provide clear instructions to improve existing products and develop new formulations