Best practice to assess ingredients, products and packaging.
Sustainability is real, regulated and can be measured! Thanks to our expert team dedicated to sustainability and biodegradability projects, we are able to develop different strategies and propose ad hoc solutions.
GO GREEN SAVE GREEN
Thanks to its attention to these issues, we are able to offer a service dedicated to the cosmetic industry: it does not only concern the finished product, but also the packaging.
GREEN PRODUCT AND FORMULA
- Chemical Screening to assess the transparency and traceability in the supply chains and the choice of ingredients
- Microplastic detection
- Petrolchemical-free ingredients: evaluate the percentage of the carbon in a product that comes from natural sources (biobased carbon) versus the synthetic (petroleum-derived carbon) – according to ASTM D6866 e ISO 16620-2
- Formula and product biodegradability evaluation – according to OECD 301
- Product ecocompatibily: evaluation of the product influence in Fresh Water, under specific method conditions, if released into the aquatic environment – according to ISO e OECD guidelines
- Bio-based packaging made by renewable natural resources – the renewable raw material content can be tested according to the standard UNI CEN/TS 16640
- Biodegradable and compostable packaging – it can be certified in 4 steps applying UNI EN 13432:2002:
1. Characterization of materials and substances composing the packaging
2. Evaluation of biodegradability
3. Disintegration of materials
4. Quality and ecotoxicity of the final product
- Refillable packaging
- Recycled packaging –risk assessment of chemical release by totally recycled or barrier packaging
Sustainability is an action aimed at balancing the growing economy, environmental protection and social responsibility, so that they all lead to a better quality of life for current and future generations.
For over three decades, an environmental revolution has been taking place: it has influenced many companies around the world, changing their way of doing business forever. Furthermore, a series of repeated accidents caused by human activities have created a global wave of support for stricter government regulations.
Today many companies accept their environmental responsibility, implementing substantial changes to products and production processes: where this change is underway, the environment is recovering.