Sensory & Consumer Research
Mérieux NutriSciences’ Sensory and Consumer Research services give you the ability to evaluate the quality of your food and beverage products, discover new consumer attitudes, compare products against competitors and generate new product ideas all in one place.
Meet your market expectations
You have product you want to try out to the market? At Mérieux NutriSciences, we understand that each individual has a unique experience in contact with your product. Analysing and understanding consumers’ sensory perceptions of your product is the best way to ensure you meet market expectations.
Accordingly to your project, we will build a panel of consumers, make them discover your products (or compare it with others) and share with you the results.
We cover all sensory testing forms including:
In order to meet your needs, two types of customized sensory panels are available:
- Multiproduct panels
- Dedicated panels
Sensory research services
Our sensory studies enable you to:
- Establish the sensory positioning of your products in their competitive environment
- Explain consumer preferences (Preference Mapping) and define optimization routes or identify new sensory niches
- Understand the sensory signature of a brand
- Validate new formulations or manufacturing processes
- Evaluate sensory constancy of your products through time (shelf-life determination, quality follow-up, etc.)
- Create a sensory vocabulary specific to your product’s category
Our expertise at your service
Sensory analysis is a scientific discipline that applies principles of experimental design and statistical analysis to the use of human senses (sight, smell, taste, touch and hearing) for the purpose of evaluating consumer products. We bring over 30 years’ experience in sensory research to help R&D groups, marketers, sales teams and manufacturers to optimize their product characteristics.