Mérieux NutriSciences goes to the Conference “Future-proof Approaches for Risk Governance”Ecsin
Mérieux NutriSciences has been invited in participating as experts during the Conference “Future-proof Approaches for Risk Governance” organised by the NMBP-13 projects NANORIGO, RiskGONE and Gov4Nano in collaboration with the OECD’s Working Party on Manufactured Nanomaterials (WPMN):
- In person (by invitation only) at the OECD Conference Centre in Paris on the 24th and 25th January 2023.
- An online session open to everybody on 31st January 2023.
Federico Benetti, ECSIN LAB Executive Director, will take part to this exclusive in person conference where, together with other international scientists, will help shape international approaches to addressing future challenges in risk governance of nano- & advanced materials. This includes safe- and sustainable by design (SSbD) and harmonization and standardisation.
The participation of Mérieux NutriSciences is due to our commitment to the GOV4NANO project – Implementation of Risk Governance: meeting the needs of nanotechnology.
What about the project?
The Gov4Nano project will develop the first implementation of a future-proof operational Nano Risk Governance Model (NRGM) that addresses the needs of the transdisciplinary field and innovative (and key enabling) character of nanotechnology.
- It will explore the potential added value of upcoming tools and approaches
- It will support consensus building, prioritization and harmonization of practices amongst stakeholders, with a focus on key aspects for risk governance of nanotechnologies.
- It will include knowledge management and data management.
Gov4Nano will take into account the particulars of different generations of nano-technologies and risk/benefits/public concerns to develop an integrated approach connecting the scientific, regulatory and market layers and the different actors involved. The Gov4Nano project will design and establish a Nanotechnology Risk Governance Council (NRGC), to create a trustworthy and objective international umbrella for the risk governance of nanotechnologies.