Packaging daily plays several roles: this should be taken into account already in the design phase because it must ensure quality and safety and a reduced environmental impact. These requirements apply in food contact, cosmetic or pharmaceutical contexts and must necessarily be tested and supported by experimental evidence.
Mérieux NutriSciences assists customers in selecting and applying the correct analytical solution to raw materials, intermediates for production and finished products to ensure that they respect the desired result and national and international regulatory standards.
The Mérieux NutriSciences team enjoys skilled and updated Food Contact Experts registered at the AIBO-FCE (Italian Association of Business Operator Food Contact Expert) able to provide support to customers through:
- Technical and legislative assistance for compliance with Community and national rules,
- Evaluation of supporting documentation (e.g., conformity declaration for food contact, labeling, etc.) and drafting of appropriate analytical protocols,
- Assessment of compliance with positive lists of substances used in the production of specifically regulated materials (e.g., plastics, paper, rubber, etc.),
- Cutting edge technologies: new extraction methods and high-resolution mass spectrometry, characterization of Not Intentionally Added Compounds (NIAS).
In the pharma-cosmetics field, Mérieux NutriSciences contributed to the drafting of the first Italian guidelines on the cosmetic packaging published by the Istituto Italiano Imballaggio (Italian Packaging Institute) and has a specialized team: it is thus able to evaluate the different aspects of packaging interactions.
Our most common tests and services
Discover all our services:
Comprehensive range of analyses to help you to guarantee the safety of your products:
- Detection of allergenic colorants, formaldehyde, heavy metals and other allergenic or harmful residual substances
- Food contact materials
- Microbiological contamination
- Interaction between products and packaging
- REACH and RoHS
- Tailor-made projects
Performance evaluation tests for a wide range of products, including plastics, detergents, absorbing aids, accelerated aging, and exposure to light and weathering.
A quality assurance system is intended to increase customer confidence and a company's credibility, to improve work processes and efficiency, and to enable a company to better compete with its rivals.
Aging conditions and performance changes for an extensive range of goods.
Research and development tests to evaluate the performance, safety and durability of the products.
- Biodegradability and compostability
- EU Ecolabel on detergents
- Specific technical advice on a range of topics
- Development of a testing plan
- Evaluation of the substantiation of claims and compliance of labeling
- Food Contact Material
- Cosmetics Packaging
- Drug Containers & Packaging
Biodegradability and Compostability testing, Technological Suitability Tests and Study of Materials