On the occasion of the 2018 edition of the French-Chinese Forum “Les confluences franco-chinoises” co-organized by the French-Chinese New Institute (NIFC), Fondation Prospective Innovation (FPI), and Lyon city and metropolis, Mérieux NutriSciences organizes a round table on “How to better feed our citizens in the city of tomorrow” at Lyon City Hall on November 27th 3 pm.
The 2nd edition of the French-Chinese Forum will be hold on November 26-28 on the theme of “The city of a new era, for a sustainable Silk Road”. This event will be a privileged time to dialogue and share experiences on tomorrow’s challenges in a context of climate change, digital revolution and massive urbanization. The program will address 3 main axes: 1. Quality of life in the city; 2. Industry of the future for a sustainable city; 3. Smart city serving citizens.
As international leader in food safety and quality, Mérieux NutriSciences is happy to open the discussion on food and nutrition as part of the first axis. How to switch from intensive to more sustainable food systems? How to make cities more resilient? Which nutrition strategies for better citizens health? The round table will be organized with the support of Lieux de Liens, a third location dedicated to sustainable food. The special guest, Mr. Alain Mérieux, will introduce the round table before leaving the floor to French and Chinese experts during 1.5 hour, namely:
- Pr XianMing Shi, Professor & Chair of Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Shanghai Jiaotong University,
- Dr Lishi Zhang, Executive Director of China Nutrition society, SiChuan University,
- Dr Xiuhua Shen, Director of Nutrition department, Shanghai Xinhua hospital,
- Mrs Carole Chazoule, sociologist, teacher-researcher at ISARA on alternative food systems and their role in the sustainability of territories and food,
- Mr Davide Fontana, co-founder of Trattino, third location dedicated to ecological food & restaurateur at La Commune in Lyon,
- Mrs Julie-Anne Nazare, Human Nutrition Research Center (CRNH) Director for Rhônes Alpes region,
Axel Hernandez, founder of La Cuisine Itinérante and pioneer of sustainable food in Lyon will also participate to the event, as an active spectator.
A great opportunity to listen to French and Chinese specialists and anticipate the future on a topic that we all care about!