Nantes (France), November 5th, 2019 – Biofortis, Mérieux NutriSciences’ Contract Research Organization serving innovation in nutrition, health, and microbiota studies, is proud to announce the creation of its Scientific & Strategic Advisory Board (SSAB).
Composed of experts from academia and industry, the newly formed SSAB will closely work with Biofortis’ management team. The SSAB’ missions will be to analyze the current scientific paradigm in the microbiome science, drive and enhance surveillance for partnership & collaborations, predict both macro and microeconomic evolutions of the microbiome market and contribute to the development of Biofortis’ strategy and to the evolution of its services in clinical studies and microbiota. The SSAB will meet twice a year and the next meeting is scheduled for January 2020.
For François Le Vacon, Chief Scientific Officer at Biofortis Europe: “This new SSAB brings together world class experts in the microbiome and health economy fields with diverse and complementary sets of expertise and personalities. The aim is to advise our company with recommendations on activity prioritization and diversification. The Scientific & Strategic Advisory Board will contribute to guide our research axes and reinforce our development as a leader on the microbiome market.”
The SSAB will include the following members:
- Etienne Casal: Senior Vice President of Mérieux NutriSciences Europe
- Murielle Cazaubiel: Chief Medical Officer in VALBIOTIS, an expert in clinical research in nutrition
- Joël Doré: Research Director at INRA and Scientific Director of MetaGenopolis (Unit of the Micalis Institute “Food and Gut microbiology for human health”), a world leader in gut microbiology & intestinal ecosystem
- Benoit Fouchaq: Managing Director of Biofortis Europe
- Julie Frappier: President and Founder of Data 4 Actions and the TOWWERS Program, an expert in health economics, economic market risk assessment and real-world evidence (RWE)
- Hervé Haffagard: Chief Executive Officer of Maat Pharma and expert in fecal microbiota transplantation
- Sébastien Leuillet: Chief Technology Officer and Statistics and Bioinformatics Manager of Biofortis Europe
- Françoise Le Vacon: Chief Scientific Officer of Biofortis Europe
- Jeroen Raes: Associate Professor in Microbiota Bioinformatics & Systems Biology at KU Leuven and VIB group leader
About Mérieux NutriSciences: A world player in food safety and quality for more than 50 years, Mérieux NutriSciences is present in 26 countries through more than 100 laboratories. As part of Institut Mérieux, Mérieux NutriSciences offers analytical and product development solutions to prevent health risks related to food and more generally to the use of everyday consumer products. The company also offers digital solutions as part of its dedicated business unit. www.merieuxnutrisciences.com
About Biofortis: As part of Mérieux NutriSciences, Biofortis is a global research organization serving innovation in nutrition, health, and microbiota studies that offers complementary, differentiating, and innovative services, including pre-clinical, clinical, and R&D research. www.merieuxnutrisciences.com/fr/biofortis-innovation-services ; https://www.biofortis-blog.com/
Press contact: Camille Mesmoudi firstname.lastname@example.org