More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world!
Mérieux NutriSciences is a global company working in 26 countries committed to improving consumers’ health.
Why joining Mérieux NutriSciences ?
- International Presence
- Mission of protecting consumers' health
- Scientific footing with Mérieux & Silliker legacy
- Growing company
“I like to think that every day at work, by detecting microorganisms or chemical compounds, and saving the world from diseases, we are everyday-life heroes!”
Ana Fuentes, Microbiology Supervisor, Querétaro – Mexico
Developing your Career
If you share our values of Excellence, Integrity, Accountability and Initiative and you want to work in a dynamic and farsighted environment, come work with us to fulfill our mission and give a real meaning to your job! See our open positions worldwide.
Try out to work in a growing environment giving you many opportunities to develop your skills and leverage what makes you passionate. Fulfill your aspirations by joining an international company with a challenging career!
Throughout their careers, Mérieux NutriSciences employees have access to training in order to develop their professional skills.
Mérieux Université delivers some of those trainings: Mérieux Université is a center for collaboration and training for Institut Mérieux entities and is also open to external companies and institutions. Click here to access Mérieux Université website.
Excellence – Assuring a scientific leadership role and fostering a performance-driven culture.
Integrity – Acting in an ethical, honest and trustworthy manner.
Initiative – Acting in a flexible, innovative and responsive manner, offering proximity and a proactive approach.
Accountability – Demonstrating commitment, reliability and ownership in all of our activities.
The Mérieux Legacy
Following in Pasteur’s footsteps, Marcel Mérieux, who studied under Louis Pasteur and Emile Roux, established Institut Mérieux in 1897.
Initially under the direction of Dr. Charles Mérieux (Marcel’s son) and later Alain Mérieux (Marcel’s grandson), Institut Mérieux became a world leader in the field of human and veterinary vaccines.
The family's corporate holding was later extended in the 1990s to address food safety and nutrition issues, through the acquisition of American food testing company Silliker. It was this acquisition which later resulted in Mérieux NutriSciences.
Silliker is the historical pillar of Mérieux NutriSciences and a pioneer in the field of food safety and quality. The company was created in 1967 in the United States by Dr. John H. Silliker, a microbiologist known for his work on Salmonella, who began his own business with a staff of just four people.
MXNS Job Profiles
The core mission of Transversal Functions like Finance, Information Technology, Sales and Marketing, Communication, Human Resources and Legal Affairs is to support, secure, and strengthen Business Value.
- Corporate Finance department develops and maintains adequate internal control structures, performs business analysis and provides support to the Management ensuring all legal and fiscal requirements are met.
- Information Technology department enables productivity, support revenue growth, improve the customer experience and secure the business.
- Communication department develops internal and external tools to inform the employees and the external stakeholders of the company and business updates.
- Human Resources department supports the business objectives and strategy while helping the employees reach their own goals by offering safe and enjoyable working place, career opportunities and adapted training programs
- Legal Affairs department provides legal advice and counsel to the Management and assists on any legal matters including negotiations and documentation regarding operations; counseling with respect to dispute, intellectual property rights, and insurance matters.
- Sales & Marketing Representatives accomplish business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans.
- Customer Care Representatives set up new accounts and welcome new clients, ensuring proper and timely communications are in place, the timely resolution of issues. They also act as the liaison between Customers and our labs, Technical Sales Managers and other functions.
- Global Key Account teams develop our business with Global Key Accounts (revenues, profitability, relationships).
- Business Developers develop our offer worldwide, build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Industrial Performance teams implement lean manufacturing considering the expenditure of resources for any goal other than the creation of value for the end customer to be wasteful, and thus a target for elimination.
- Laboratory workers perfom the analyses in our worldwide network of laboratories.
- Auditors collect samples, handle hygiene audits in restaurants, industries and for retailers.
- Quality teams ensure that the organization, our products or services are consistent. It has four main components: quality planning, quality assurance, quality control and quality improvement.
- R&D teams perform research projects, choose new technologies and develop new methods.
- Purchasing carries out activites related to purchasing in such a way that the goods and services procured are of the right quality, from the right source, and are at the right cost.