Our Scientific Papers provide timely information and insight on today’s most relevant food safety, quality and supply chain issues.
WHITE PAPER – “Better Foods for Better Health”: 30 global experts share the latest findings on childhood nutrition
The 6th edition of the Better Foods for Better Health White Book has been published, providing new insight from 30 thought leaders from science and industry on the growing role and potential of childhood nutrition to build a healthy life. The White Book is based on presentations and discussions held at the symposium from March 20th – 22nd at Les Pensières Center for Global Health. A series of videos supplements this document.
Organized by Fondation Mérieux with the support of Mérieux NutriSciences, the Better Foods for Better Health forum brought together over 100 global experts from academia, international organizations, NGOs, regulatory authorities and industry. This 6th Better Foods for Better Health symposium produced a number of messages about childhood nutrition, including:
- Diet during the first years of life has long-term effects on growth and metabolism, the immune system and the susceptibility to developing infections and allergies, as well as on behavior and cognitive development.
- A recurrent theme of the symposium was the need for more and more accurate data on nutrition to support effective interventions.
- The microbiota appears key in linking diet, immunity, metabolism, cognition and behavior. A better understanding of these connections will be required to design microbiota-derived diagnostics and interventions.
- The impact of many nutritional interventions has been disappointing probably because they were employed too late. Interventional studies would likely be most impactful during the prenatal or early postnatal period.
- More generally, it is important to have a narrative about nutrition that inspires policymakers to dedicate more resources and establish more interventions in this area. Nutrition plays a large role in people’s health, a fact that is not always reflected in the resources dedicated to it, compared to infectious disease.
WHITE PAPER – How to facilitate your product development in a global regulatory environment
Food laws and regulations are continually evolving with significant differences from one country to another, impacting each and every department of a company.
In fact, those regulations impact every step of a product development, from R&D to marketing through procurement and quality. Non-conformity in product composition, labeling or claims can be both costly and damaging for a brand image. In addition to these challenges, product development needs to be more and more innovative as it becomes increasingly complex to put products on the market.
To ensure an efficient product development with a fast go-to-market in targeted countries, it is essential to set up and follow regulatory frameworks to comply to local rules all along the product life cycle. It requires an international network of regulatory experts in order to share structured information, ensure data continuity from suppliers to consumers, and elaborate an efficient collaboration facilitated by optimized processes.
Discover more about simple best practices for your product development and export in this exclusive white paper released by Mérieux NutriSciences in collaboration with Lascom company.
BLUE PAPER – The second edition 2018 is available !
With the very positive feedback we received from food industry and the scientific community, and given the high food safety actuality in 2017, it became obvious that we had to prepare the second edition of our Blue Paper on ‘European Food Safety trends, Key issues & Perspectives’.