WHITE PAPER – “Better Foods for Better Health”
The 6th edition of the Better Foods for Better Health White Book has been published, providing new insight from 30 thought leaders from science and industry on the growing role and potential of childhood nutrition to build a healthy life. The White Book is based on presentations and discussions held at the symposium from March 20th – 22nd at Les Pensières Center for Global Health. A series of videos supplements this document.
Organized by Fondation Mérieux with the support of Mérieux NutriSciences, the Better Foods for Better Health forum brought together over 100 global experts from academia, international organizations, NGOs, regulatory authorities and industry. This 6th Better Foods for Better Health symposium produced a number of messages about childhood nutrition, including:
- Diet during the first years of life has long-term effects on growth and metabolism, the immune system and the susceptibility to developing infections and allergies, as well as on behavior and cognitive development.
- A recurrent theme of the symposium was the need for more and more accurate data on nutrition to support effective interventions.
- The microbiota appears key in linking diet, immunity, metabolism, cognition and behavior. A better understanding of these connections will be required to design microbiota-derived diagnostics and interventions.
- The impact of many nutritional interventions has been disappointing probably because they were employed too late. Interventional studies would likely be most impactful during the prenatal or early postnatal period.
- More generally, it is important to have a narrative about nutrition that inspires policymakers to dedicate more resources and establish more interventions in this area. Nutrition plays a large role in people’s health, a fact that is not always reflected in the resources dedicated to it, compared to infectious disease.
Click here to download the White Paper "Childhood Nutrition: Building a Healthy Life" (2018)
Click here to download the White Paper "Microbiota & Health: the challenges of a promising approach" (2016)
This edition addressed the role of the gut microbiota in health and chronic diseases through 3 main sessions:
• Metabolic syndromes: obesity, diabetes, NSH, NAFLD
• Malnutrition, kwashiorkor & cachexia
• Microbiota, nutrition and healthy living
WHITE PAPER – How to facilitate your product development in a global regulatory environment (2018)
Food laws and regulations are continually evolving with significant differences from one country to another, impacting each and every department of a company.
In fact, those regulations impact every step of a product development, from R&D to marketing through procurement and quality. Non-conformity in product composition, labeling or claims can be both costly and damaging for a brand image. In addition to these challenges, product development needs to be more and more innovative as it becomes increasingly complex to put products on the market.
To ensure an efficient product development with a fast go-to-market in targeted countries, it is essential to set up and follow regulatory frameworks to comply to local rules all along the product life cycle. It requires an international network of regulatory experts in order to share structured information, ensure data continuity from suppliers to consumers, and elaborate an efficient collaboration facilitated by optimized processes.
Discover more about simple best practices for your product development and export in this exclusive white paper released by Mérieux NutriSciences in collaboration with Lascom company.
Click here to request the White Paper
WHITE PAPER - Food Authenticity and Food Fraud - not just a very fishy business (2017)
Consumers are increasingly concerned about the safety and the quality of the products they consume. This Mérieux NutriSciences white paper presents the discussions international experts had about food frauds during a conference entitled: Food Authenticity Crises: milk, honey, olive oil, meat, coffee, etc. – what is next?
Regulations, analytical techniques, prevention measures, impacts on the food industry are all the topics addressed in this White Paper to help you uncover the frauds.
Click here to request the White Paper