Our Regents Park laboratory is currently seeking expressions of interest from enthusiastic results driven Chemistry technicians.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, you will apply your technical knowledge and expertise in order to facilitate analysis procedures with a focus on quality and process improvements.
In this role, you will be required to work within our established Quality Systems – other duties include, and are not limited to:
- Prepare standards and reagents for use in chemical analysis.
- Prepare samples by weighing, cutting and/or blending in accordance with sample/analysis requirements and preparation methods.
- Assist Chemistry personnel with analysis tasks so that testing can proceed according to specified time limits.
- Clean and prepare glassware and other equipment for analysis use in the laboratory.
- Unpack and store consumable items and supplies and report low levels of stock to the Laboratory Manager for ordering.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the designated work area to keep the laboratory fit for purpose.
- Dispose all hazardous waste and spent/surplus samples safely in accordance with the procedure/work instruction.
- Perform all work in a safe and environmentally conscious manner by following all OH&S policies/procedures/programs.
In addition to a certificate or diploma in Chemistry or equivalent scientific discipline, you will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent organisational skills, flexibility, proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of NATA and TGA requirements, as well as working to GLP and GMP standards.
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) administration would be an advantage
- This is a busy and challenging 12 month fixed term role that will suit well organised individuals with excellent technical and communication skills.