Mérieux NutriSciences is an approved Freshcare Certification Body.
Freshcare is Australia’s largest fresh produce assurance program, and since its’ humble beginnings has continued to develop and progress and now provides a suite of assurance standards for the Australian fresh produce and wine industries, which include:
- Freshcare Food Safety & Quality – On-farm Standard – Edition 4 (FSQ4)*
- Freshcare Food Safety & Quality – Supply Chain Standard – Edition 1 (SC1)*
- Freshcare Environmental – On-farm Standard – Edition 3 (ENV3)
- Freshcare Environmental – Viticulture Standard – Edition 2 (ENV-VIT)
- Freshcare Environmental – Winery Standard – Edition 2 (ENV-WIN)
Freshcare started as an on-farm food safety program developed by fresh produce industry experts, in response to the need for a practical, cost effective, industry focussed food safety program. Based on GAP (Good Agricultural Practice) and HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) principles, Freshcare was designed to allow it to be implemented by all grower businesses, regardless of crops, size of operation or location in Australia.
How to obtain the Freshcare Certification?
- We collect your information: click on this link to complete our questionnaire
- We send you a quote at the receipt of your information
- After approval of the quote, we will organise the onsite evaluation. The actual duration of this evaluation will vary depending on the complexity and breadth of your requirements; however for most situations the duration will be between 0.5 -1 day for on farm and from 1-2 days for Supply Chain.
- At the completion of the evaluation, our auditor will advise you of the outcome including any significant issues that will need to be addressed before certification can occur.
- Once any identified issues are resolved your facility will be certified and all details will be uploaded to Freshcare online. You will of course receive a copy of the evaluation, the applicable certificate of compliance and further guidance form us on maintaining your certification.
Freshcare Useful information
Website: Freshcare Website (has a range of different information and resources to help you in your journey)
Phone number: can be contacted on: 1300 853 508.
Approved Trainers list: Freshcare Trainers
Rules: Freshcare Rules. This document outlines your obligations and mandatory requirements for seeking certification.
Code of Practice: will provide you with important information to assess the readiness of your Food Safety and Quality system for certification and explains the process for progressing an application for Certification.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on (03) 8878 2100 and we will be happy to assist you.