Technical Services is comprised of a team of experienced compliance professionals. Label evaluations and compliance reviews are performed on imported and local products; assessing claims against regulatory authority standards. Ensuring product label compliance not only protects the public, but also minimises the risk for manufacturers, suppliers and retailers against costly product recalls and potential reputation damage.
Mérieux NutriSciences experts benefit from many years of experience in assisting the manufacturing and retail industry in the provision of label compliance & regulatory processes by offering the following services:
Food Label Compliance
The Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) Food Standards Code sets out many of the requirements for food and beverage labels, but products must also comply with a variety of other regulations, including Trade Measurement and Australian Consumer Law. Mérieux NutriSciences consultants can assist you with navigating this regulatory maze, to ensure your product label meets all the mandatory labelling requirements for a food product.
Specific areas that we can assist with include:
- Nutrition Information Panel (NIP) in FSANZ format
- Ingredient Statements, including characterising ingredient declarations
- Allergen Statements
- Prescribed warning and advisory statements (if applicable)
- Permitted Label Claims
- Country of Origin determination
- Trade Measurement requirements
- Any other specific requirements for the product category
Our consultants can also assist with the development of stickers for imported products, where re-labelling is not an option.
Non-Food Grocery Label Compliance
All Grocery Retailers stock a range of products that are not food, but which still have prescriptive labelling requirements; these include:
- Detergents & Cleaners
- Hygiene products
- OTC Medicines
- Gardening products
- Pet Food
Depending up on their formulation and intended use, Non-Food grocery products may need to be assessed against:
- National Industrial Chemicals Notifications and Assessments Scheme (NICNAS)
- Australian Dangerous Goods Code
- Standard for the Uniform Scheduling of Medicines and Poisons (SUSMP)
- Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA)
- Trade Measurement Regulations
- Australian Consumer Law
Our experienced consultants can assist you with navigating through this complex regulatory framework, to ensure your product is correctly labelled for sale.