Mérieux NutriSciences regularly performs studies to assess the efficacy of biocidal products.
All studies are conducted according to international guidelines and protocols in compliance with ISO 17025 or GLP quality standards.
Efficacy tests are available for the following target organisms (EU PT 1 to PT 5)*:
- Gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria (e.g. Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Enterococcus hirae, Salmonella typhimurium, Listeria monocytogenes, Enterococcus faecium, Legionella pneumophila, Proteus vulgaris, MRSA, MRSE, VRE, Enterobacter cloacae)
- Mycobacteria (e.g. Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium terrae)
- Fungi (molds and yeasts) (e.g. Candida albicans, Aspergillus brasiliensis)
- Spores (e.g. spores of Bacillus subtilis, spores of Bacillus cereus)
- Legionella (e.g. Legionella pneumophila)
- Viruses (e.g. poliovirus type 1, adenovirus type 5, murine norovirus, murine parvovirus, vacciniavirus, Aujeszky’s, bovine viral diarrhea, porcine and bovine enterovirus, hepatitis A virus , human respiratory syncytial virus, human coronavirus, bovine parainfluenza, cardiovirus, PRRSV, pseudorabies)
Efficacy tests are performed on all formulations and treated polymers and textiles.
Other specific efficacy tests can be performed or customized depending on the product/application under consideration.
Mérieux NutriSciences Italy provides an extensive range of efficacy tests for biocidal products classified as insect repellents (PT 19)* and insecticides (PT 18)* in collaboration with external partners.
A comprehensive range of efficacy tests on various species is available:
- Cockroaches (e.g. Blatta orientalis, Blattella germanica, Supella longipalpa, Periplaneta americana)
- Ants (e.g. Lasius niger)
- Mosquitoes (e.g. Culex pipiens, Culex quinquefasciatus, Aedes aegypti, Aedes albopictus)
- Flies (e.g. Musca domestica)
- Wasps (e.g. Polistes spp, Vespa cabro)
- Mites (e.g. Tyrophagus putrescens, Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus)
- Ticks, fleas and lice (e.g. Ixodes ricinus, Ctenocephalides felis)
* PT: Product type
PT 1: Product type 1: Biocidal products used for human hygiene purposes
PT 2: Product type 2: Disinfectants and other biocidal products used for private, public and industrial areas
PT 3: Product type 3: Biocidal products used for veterinary hygiene purposes
PT 4: Product type 4: Disinfectants used in food and feed areas
PT 5: Product type 5: Disinfectants used for drinking water
PT 18: Product type 18: Insecticides, acaricides and products to control other arthropods
PT 19: Product type 19: Repellents and attractants